Tire Filling is a process in which a pneumatic tire is injected & pressurized with a special 2 component urethane polymer in a precise proportion using a special metering pump. The polyurethane cures into a soft, resilient, synthetic rubber core replacing the air in the tire.
The resultant filled tire is thus rendered puncture proof and maintains the required inflation pressure throughout its service life. PU foam filled tires have a full footprint & are capable of carrying their rated load at all times.
The soft core is designed to provide a ride similar to air filled pneumatic tires.
PU Tire Foam-filling is ideally suited for applications where solid tires are not suitable i.e. long haul distances and high speeds.
The advantages of foam filling are as under:
- No Punctures – Eliminate Tire Repair Costs
- Improved Productivity – No Tire related Downtime
- Zero Tire Maintenance – No pressure variation & pressure checks
- Longer Tire Life – Get Full Tread Life from your Tires
- Enhanced Man & Machine Safety – No Blowout accidents
- Better Ballast – Improved Vehicle stability in overload conditions
- Extended limp-in capability – Never get stuck due to tire failure
- Superior Heat Resistance – Extends Tire Carcass Life
Typical applications are as under:
· Aluminium Smelters
· Defence & Para Military
· Demolition Sites
· Glass Factories
· Access Equipment
· Rental Companies
· Scrap Yards
· Steel Mills
· Waste Sites